TRI-3/50 (A, B, C)
PRECISION FIELD TRIPOD WITH THERMAL PROTECTION FOR MAGNETIC SENSORS
Quality of field data received during acquisition using MT methods significantly depends on how accurately magnetic sensors are aligned with axis of coordinates. This is especially important for vertical component Hz, since in many instances it is considerably weaker than horizontal components of magnetic field. Small mistakes in sensor positioning might severely damage data or even make it useless for interpretation. Tripod TRI-3/50 is especially designed to minimize errors when aligning magnetic sensors to all three axis: X, Y and Z, to increase accuracy of measurement and productivity of field work by significantly reducing time for sensors installation. You can throw your augers and shovels away now and install sensors in less than 5 minutes on any soil in different climates and weather conditions. Thermal stabilization significantly reduces errors due to temperature variations during 24 hour period. Model TRI-3/50 is used with magnetic sensors MTC-50 from Phoenix Geophysics Limited, but can be easily redesigned for virtually any induction coil upon request.
1. High accuracy of mutual positioning of MTC-50 magnetic sensors. When assembled, tripod aligns sensors orthogonally with relation to each other with an error no more than 0.5°.
2. Levels installed on the tripod, allow the user to install sensors quickly and precisely in vertical (axis Z) and horizontal (axis X and Y) positions. Therefore, it is enough to align correctly vertical sensor, and horizontal ones will be aligned automatically or vice versa.
3. Tripod is made of 100% nonmagnetic anticorrosive nonconductive high-quality materials with minimal use of nonmagnetic metals. Thus the weight of the tripod is less than 9 kg.
4. Item could be disassembled, and therefore convenient for transportation, storage and moving to another site with sensors and cables in the backpack.
5. Simplicity of installation and removal of MTC-30 sensors. You don’t even have to remove sensors from the tripod when going to another site.
6. Tripod is marked with special light reflecting finishing, which allows it to be easily noticed in the dark field conditions.
7. Tripod is made in three modifications A, B and C, which have different accuracy of axis alignment (1.0°, 0.1° and 0.01°).
|Dimensions in working mode, cm||155 x 155 x 155|
|Weight (without sensors), kg||16|
|Error of mutual sensor positioning,°||0.5|
|Accuracy of axis alignment, ° (model)||1.0(A);0.1(B);0.01(C)|
- Ground EM Instruments
- Marine EM Systems
- Product Catalog